Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
AllanStone

still Alive or Dead...

Hello every one…..

Few days an update was happen is known as PR update. After its update many site of book marking and directories sites have lost their PR. So I think this update indicates that Bookmarking and Directories submissions are longer beneficial for SEO.

So guys I just want to ask that is your opinion after this update. Kindly share your reviews with us.

Thanks in advance.
AllanStone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
Jazz-is-Alive

The thread is from 7 years ago but it's still a question for me too! In my personal experience, directories and bookmarking websites make web crawlers to crawl and index more pages of the website, but not much impact on the website rank on SERP.

Dead or Kicking is one example, this website has the database of thousands of celebrities death status. It shows if a person is alive or not, their cause of death, date of death, location of death and much more. Because they have a huge database, having all the pages indexed is a dilemma.

Would love to hear your personal experiences on this too! Thanks

Last edited by Jazz-is-Alive; 01-20-2018 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Edited info
Jazz-is-Alive is offline   Reply With Quote