Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Nullified

Exclamation bad word censor

I was trying to write a simple post about SEO & SMO and for the life of me I kept being flagged for a bad word, but I could not find a bad word in my post. Is the censor set a little strong or does it contain a word that might easily be inside of a large word that is not a bad word? I even tried rewriting several words within my statement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nullified; 09-18-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Nullified is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
terrijhon

Thanks for the info brother.. i like it very much..

|
terrijhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Nullified

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrijhon View Post
Thanks for the info brother.. i like it very much..
what info? I was simply reporting an overactive censor.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Detomah

I know the feeling, the censor goes crazy at some really crazy words and the worst part about it is that you have absolutely no idea which words it is puling the post up for.

Is there a list of bad words anywhere?
Detomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Nullified

The admins probably have a word in the censor that is common inside other word, thus anytime a word is typed that contains the smaller blocked word it flags.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Detomah

I think they most likely have a few, as i've had some strange words blocked thus far, it would be nice if they could at least provide a list (obviously in picture form) so we know which words should be avoided, as it is getting rather frustrating trying to make a post and then having to go back through it 10 times, simply because it could be absolutely any word in the text causing the problem.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
Nullified

I agree. I was actually thinking of the same pic at least so we could help them define which words may be causing the issue.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Detomah

Well, the sad news...

Looking at the group leaders list:

http://siteownersforums.com/showgroups.php

It appears that out of the entire moderating, super mod, admin team, that only one of them has bothered to log in and access their account on here at all in the last two weeks, which doesn't really bode too well, especially when neither admin has bothered.

No wonder there are countless people registering, making the 10 posts to get their links to show in their signatures, etc, and then vanishing again.

I'm one of those people who hates to just give up on a community when I sign up to one and make a few posts, but I fear this particular community may be a bit of a lost cause.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Nullified

Lightbulb

I feel the same way. How can a member care about the community if the staff does not?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Nullified

Strangely: When I tried to post the above message while quoting your post I received censor error, but when I removed the quote it posted perfectly fine.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
Snide

I also recived this today, no idea what word it is, if there is some list of words not to use it would be easier to know how to write things

Quote:
You used a "Bad" Word in your post, please rewrite it and try again.
Intresting that when i removed these lines in my post it worked, but i can post the lines whitout a problem here

I agree that keyword research is the key to success, but is there some kind of list of things you need to think about when choosing a keyword?

Last edited by Snide; 09-27-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
Nullified

Too bad an admin can't comment. I guess they are too busy being absent or unaware how to fix the issue.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
Chris K

I'm glad i'm not the only one who is having this problem. I had to re-write my introduction four times until finally I had to go super simple just to say hi.

I would highly recommend that this matter gets looked into. A lot of my posts which recently were for website reviews some of which returned the "Bad" word message. If the admins could please look into this as it is quite inconvenient to provide quality posts on here.

Thanks

Chris

Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #14
Nullified

Does anyone know if the administrator(s) are still active in the community?

Old 09-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
WynnieJames

This just happened to me! I couldn't figure out what the bad word was so i just had to shorten my sentences.

WynnieJames is offline   Reply With Quote