Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
george.web13

Does site update affects pagerank ?

Hi, I just made a new version for my site.
(it's not yet uploaded)

I want to ask these :
1) Will this, affect google's page rank for my site ? Right now, I have pr:4, and the h1,h2,h3 tags will be different.
Also, the pages titles, the metadescriptions and the main content (slightly) will be change. Will this affect my site's current position at search results?
2) Will i have to re-submit my new site to webmaster tools ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
george.web13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2015, 04:01 AM   #2
bindu7

It depends sometimes it may affect or sometimes it may not...

|
|
|
bindu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
NetgainsTech

Sometime PR changes, sometime not

NetgainsTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
george.web13

ok....Not very specific answers...
Will it increase it, or will it decrease my pagarank?

|
|
|
|
george.web13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #5
SusanKing

You have to worry bout two things here
1) On page SEO .. if you continue to improve your on-page SEO to the better that should improve your ranking
2) Off page SEO .. If you remove or deleted a page which has a backlink, the you might lose the backlink and that will reduce your ranking ..

You can keep the old one and start the new ones .. and once you get enough new stuff which worth good ranking then you can start deleting the old but slowly to get a feeling of the effect

SusanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:34 AM   #6
butler

Its not the actual Page Rank value you need to woory about. PR is one on-page factor amongst very many. What matters is the overall search engine performance. This is governed by the factors that are being discussed above and you making updates is a positive factor
butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #7
lindseynicole

Yes any updates in sites affects the pagerank.
lindseynicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:57 AM   #8
shanken

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.web13 View Post
Hi, I just made a new version for my site.
(it's not yet uploaded)

I want to ask these :
1) Will this, affect google's page rank for my site ? Right now, I have pr:4, and the h1,h2,h3 tags will be different.
Also, the pages titles, the metadescriptions and the main content (slightly) will be change. Will this affect my site's current position at search results?
2) Will i have to re-submit my new site to webmaster tools ?
It probably wont change the PR staus of your website and even if it does we wont know what it is because Google no longer publishes info on PR of sites.

However if you change headings and titles then your SERP rank could change. It all depends on if you optimize for different keywords or the same ones.

|
|
|
shanken is offline   Reply With Quote