Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
DanielGarneau

Does sitemap changefreq never instruction avoids duplication penalty for robots

Hello,

I want search engine to start seeing contents in a new subdirectory that was hidden from their view.

Is the following approach OK?

First, remove the line of instruction from the robots.txt file that blocks access to /en/?

Second, add this new path to the sitemap.xlm file.

Third, tag the change frequency to NEVER for duplicated files in the sitemap?

Also, I do not intend to block the older files with duplicate content using the ROBOT.TXT file because I want them to stay in google indexes and because I want to maintain the full integrity of the older version of my site.

Is there anything missing from the above ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Knowing and Believing: Torn-apart, yet inseparable allies…

Last edited by DanielGarneau; 05-24-2014 at 07:58 AM..
DanielGarneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #2
yugant

Very good post thanks for sharing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
ledtubelight

thanks for the info

ledtubelight is offline   Reply With Quote