Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
premierebss

Exact anchor text linking is a bad SEO technique?

Hello Friend,

Okay, I didn't know for sure. Heard from one of my friend that exact anchor text linking might hurt website's SEO. I have done a small research and found out that there are some articles recommending not to use exact keyword(s) as anchor text pointing to the page/website. So if we are using signature links in forums then that will hurt our website?

There is no option to automatically update the anchor text signature link. So what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
premierebss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2014, 02:44 AM   #2
arhun

You can update the links by editing the signature. It will be reflected in all your posts.
Yes, It is not a good practice to build back-links for Keyword anchor texts. It should be the mixture of back-links from keywords, brand name, website name etc..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
arhun is offline   Reply With Quote