Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Google

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
candylost

Import Sony Cyber-Shot Video to iPhoto for editing

iPhoto is designed to allow importing from digital cameras, scanners, picture CDs and the Internet. Almost all digital cameras are recognized without additional software, as are many scanners. iPhoto supports most common image file formats.

Movie'11 works with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPod nano (5th generation), and iPod touch (4th generation).
iMovie'11 works with most Mini DV tape-based camcorders using DV and HDV formats, which use a FireWire cable (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) to transfer video.
Digital still cameras and other types of tapeless video devices—including some video phones and other hybrid devices—often import their video clips into iPhoto. Some compatible video clips stored in the iPhoto library can be accessed directly from the iMovie Event Library.

Maybe you met the problem below:

"I recently bought a new Sony Handycam to upload videos onto my Mac and the guys at Best Buy assured me it was Mac compatible. The driver that came with the camera has a Mac guide, but no apps for uploading.
iPhoto detects my camera and will import photos, but seems the videos are coming up as incompatible. Any ideas?"
From Forums.macrumors

Friends like above want to import video to iPhoto, is mainly because when go into Finder and pull them to copy, iMovie won't light up as an application to use. So just go to iPhoto way and manage to get to iMovie.

Sony Cyber-Shot camcorders are new popular camcorders, the high-end series like Cyber-Shot DSC-HX9V, Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100v recording AVCHD 60i / 60p / MP4 / MPEG-4 AVC(H.264) video format and Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC, Audio Format. Middle-end Cyber-Shot like Cyber-Shot WX-9, Cyber-Shot W570 record AVI, MPEG-Motion format.

So the key work we should do is to convert Sony Cyber-Shot Video to iPhoto natively supported Mp4, and we will use Sony Cyber-Shot to iPhoto Converter for Mac to convert Sony Cyber-Shot AVCHD, Mp4, AVI, MPEG-Motion to iPhoto Mp4, then you can copy it to iMovie or sync to iPad, iPhone, Apple TV. Steps are as easy as following.

Tutorial of converting Sony Cyber-Shot Video to iPhoto (Lion included):
Step One: Import AVCHD Video to Mac AVCHD Converter
Firstly, you need to copy your AVCHD to Mac and launch AVCHD Converter for Mac, then click "Add File" to upload your AVCHD files to the program. Any AVCHD files from AVCHD camcorders are supported.

Step Two: Set Output Video Format for iPhoto.

Click "Profile" to open the Profile drop-up list to select H.264 or Mp4 as output video format for iPhoto.

Step Three: Convert Sony Cyber-Shot Video to iPhoto.
Click "Start" button to convert AVCHD files to iPhoto.

Related Guides
With this software you also can convert sony handycam to mac, and import AVCHD.MTS to Final Cut Pro X. Besides, if you want an editor, you can try Mac HD camcorder video editor.
candylost is offline   Reply With Quote