Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
arianagrand

How does Google calculate time on page?

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that How does Google calculates time on page?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
arianagrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 05:14 AM   #2
janpaul7890

Please explain your question in detail.

|
|
janpaul7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #3
PuneetJvw

Google Chrome Browser + Google Analytics

|
PuneetJvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
william1194

I understand how time on page is calculated. The average is what makes me confused. When I sum the time in the image in the comment above it gets me 13:18 minutes. When i make the average for 8 entries it gets me 1:39 minutes. Google on the other hand shows me 2:25. That is what bothers me. I can't figure out how he is calculating the average.

Edit:
A nice person (AnalyticsEdge) from the Google Analytics Product Forum Provided the answer.

The real average for the site is calculated as the total of time on page (in seconds) / (the total number of pageviews - the total number of exits).

|
william1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:17 AM   #5
anjali0222

Google puts a period stamp at whatever point any client arrives on a specific page then it analyses the time stamp of one page with the other.Any client enters the site on Page An and moves to Page then grounds to Page lastly leaves the site. For this situation, a period stamp is put on Page An assume its when the client moves to Page some other time stamp is set on Page assume its and afterwards when the client arrives on Page some other time stamp is put, lets say Presently to ascertain time on Page A, Google will subtract the time stamp on Page with that of For this situation,

|
|
|
anjali0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
Vineeta

In Google Analytics, seeing the time spent on your website or on individual pages is not as obvious as it first appears. This Misunderstood Metrics article explores the concept of time in Google Analytics…or lost time as the case may be.

|
|
Vineeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #7
deekumar0203

A faster web is better for both users and businesses. A slow-loading landing page not only impacts your conversion rate, but can also impact AdWords Landing Page Quality and ranking in Google search.

To improve the performance of your pages, you first need to measure and diagnose the speed of a page, which can be a difficult task. Furthermore, even with page speed measurements, it’s critical to look at page speed in the context of other web analytic data.

|
deekumar0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:03 AM   #8
Hashmicro

The key to understanding Google Analytics time calculations is knowing the info that's sent to Google. we have a tendency to dearly visit these knowledge as HITS. I know, that’s a terrible term to use once talking concerning analytics. however they very area unit hits.

Data hits area unit the image requests sent to Google Analytics. 3 area unit six differing kinds of knowledge hits in Google Analytics:

Pageview hits
Event hits
Ecommerce group action hits
Ecommerce group action item hits
User outlined hits (this is that the forerunner of custom variables)
Social plugin hits

|
|
|
Hashmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:54 AM   #9
arianagrand

Time on Page and Session Duration tend to cause confusion regarding the specifics of how they’re calculated. Some common queries I see are:
Does time on page count everyone who viewed a page?

|
|
|
arianagrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #10
Chris_Tax

This is interesting. I go to my website from my directory listing. I think go to another page to help my time factor.

Owner
CEL Financial Services
Tax Return Preparer
Please visit my website for all your
needs.
Chris_Tax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #11
ecartproduct

Google Analytics measures periods of time by looking at the difference between the time of the first hit and the time of the last hit.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
ecartproduct is offline   Reply With Quote