Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Internet Promotion > Web Promotion

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
billcosby2121

About sitemaps

I have heard about sitemaps and therefore, I am here to know about the importance of sitemaps on a particular site. Does it create any positive impact on the site? Is it a necessary part of SEO? Is there anyone who can help me out in this particular context? I have heard that by placing sitemaps on a page, the navigation process for the users can be made easy. What are your views on it? Since I have recently launched a new site, I would like to know more about the necessity of the sitemaps on the web page. I also need to know whether there can be any negative impact of the sitemaps on the visitors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
billcosby2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
amylv

Its known that the google crawls sitemap too.

|
|
amylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
alexbaker

Thumbs up

Site map is a special structure for web design or web page to arranging the website in particular manner. It creates more possibility of fast navigation for the visitors and search engine. It encourages the crawler to index entire the site. There are many types of site maps are available. Like as, HTML, XML, ROR and Text site maps.
alexbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
johnstell

I put a sitemap on every site I do now.
For example:
http://www.restaurant-business-planning.com/sitemap.xml

What you should do is use google webmaster tools as well:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

You then submit your sitemap in the tools - by doing this you'll get the search engine spider that matters to your site. You'll get lots of data as well such as what terms have been searched, page views etc. as well as any errors which need fixing.

If you look at my sitemap above it just gives the page address and the priority of each page - which I created manually(to a degree :-)) There are other things you can put in there such as:
<lastmod>2008-01-01</lastmod>
<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
I'm not entirely sure how important these are in terms of if google actually uses that info.
I would also point to your sitemap in your robots file:
e.g.

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
User-agent: *
Sitemap: http://www.restaurant-business-planning.com/sitemap.xml

johnstell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
nanadakson

i don't know how to submit sitemap.

nanadakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
andersonsjohn

Its not difficult... There are lot of sitemap generator.. Create one and upload to the website Rot folder....
andersonsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #7
jeny

Site maps helps to crawl each page easily and give visitors the easier time to navigate with your site.

|
|
jeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
serena85

Sitemaps are created in addition for Google just to get a faster indexing.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
Commodityman

There are two types of site maps, a regular for navigation of the user and there is an XML sitemap which some say is unnecessary, but GWT only excepts XML sitemaps therefore it would be necessary so GWT can inform you of crawl errors, etc.
Commodityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
john321

Hi there folks I am new to this forum and I have some questions regarding site maps. I have researched them as much as I could as I have 2 site

|
john321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
nanadakson

I have a auto classified website with a lots of pages i need the sitemap generator that generate at least 100,000 pages of my site will you suggest me a site.

nanadakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #12
zeeshanam

yes this is right
zeeshanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
adamdecker75

How to create this sitemap for my site?

Last edited by adamdecker75; 01-26-2012 at 07:31 PM..
adamdecker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
kobehamilton54

Sitemap assumes true significance from Web Design point of view. Sitemap also ensures navigation for the concerned visitors as well. There are different sitemaps available.

|
|
kobehamilton54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
roger4321

sitemap is important for the site as it shows search engine as blue print of the site.

|
roger4321 is offline   Reply With Quote