Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
mjvndhsb

SSH Shell Access problem

Hello again! Im the guy with so many problems around here lol.. well i think this would be the last of my problems now.

I am trying to restore my mysql database using SSH it works fine with my previous host and yes i have the string correct.

But with this host the SSH is enabled for me and the restoration begins and suddenly the Shell Putty closes.. it always happens after a few seconds or after 20/30 seconds.. the database size is 342mb.

I like to restore my database the way i like it and the way its recommended with vbulletin. My host had told me they will do it for me and required access to my cpanel and where the db was stored. So i gave them access and they did it somehow but i dont think they used ssh to do it. Now when i come to compare the very same database which is hosted on the old server this one has a few mb missing..

So i dont know what to do or how else to keep that ssh session alive what do i need to tell my host to do now as their attempt at restoring my database wasnt proficient enough..?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mjvndhsb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
StanJ

Though I should not comment anything as the issue isn't known to me too clearly, better check with your host. They can help you understand it better about the changes that have worked for you. They probably would have changed the session timeout settings.

||
||
StanJ is offline   Reply With Quote