Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
alexalex22

new external drive format issues. Any way to get the data back?

so.
got myself a low end toshiba external portable 500gb hard drive.
plug it in. it works.
decide to do a format - cos my other drives are ntfs, i want this one also. i trigger it, and wait and wait and wait
and nothing is happening so i cancel.
and keep clicking to cancel and eventually it does.

i unplug the drive's usb cord from the drive, wait a bit, plug it in, pc message asks me to format i say yes, put in ntfs and i wait and wait and wait and nothing is happening.

i cancel etc.

hey i never claimed i'm a pc tech.
now after 2 reboots it's plugged in and out and in, i get a message now asking if i want to format i say yes, and eventually i get a message saying

Windows can't format M
Check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly, make sure that the disk is not read-only and then try again. For more information, search Help for read-only files and how to change them.

now i don't know what to do.
the default initially was exFat i'm thinking i should have left well enough alone.

but now i need to try to get it working..

please help
alexalex22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
khaleesi

External Hard Drive Recovery on Mac

I know this reply may be late but just in case others would find this handy and helpful later on. If you're using a Mac computer or laptop, then look no further. After watching this video tutorial, you will be able to perform recovery HD Mac in minutes!

This is because the tutorial is newbie friendly; you can easily learn how to recover data even if you aren't a computer technician or even much of a tech-savvy.

You see, for most of us, an external hard drive serves as a backup for important files, photos, and other items. But even if every precaution is taken, mishaps may still occur to cause important data files to be lost, erased, corrupted, or accidentally removed. While it is common to presume that these devastating results are permanent, they are actually reversible if you act quickly and use a hard drive recovery software Mac. With a dependable recovery tool, these catastrophes are simple to resolve:
  • Lost Data
  • Erased Drives
  • Unexpected Formatting
  • Data Corruption
  • Accidental Deletion
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
wheelsonthebus

There are multiple reasons entire hard drives are deleted. Sometimes an operating system is so corrupted that the drive is replaced for fear that there may be bad sectors on the drive. Other times the drive may be deleted from a system accidentally as the case of an attached storage device that an end user had permissions to remove. Quick use of a good data recovery suite like this utility can often help you recover a deleted hard drive.

When To Use This Software:

*If another network user has inadvertently deleted a shared drive
*To restore a drive that was deleted due to employee misconduct
*To recover selected files after a drive was deleted so it’s contents weren’t shared on the network
*To attempt to comply with subpoenas that list information on the deleted drive/drives
*To review the contents of a deleted drive before selling it
*You can no longer browse the deleted drive through Windows Explorer

Try it and start to recover a deleted hard drive with ease.
wheelsonthebus is offline   Reply With Quote