Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > Review My Website

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
innocentdevil73

Please review my site

I have designed a new web directory using php and mysql. Instead of using any script i have created it on my own from scratch.

Please tell me how to improve it

URL : http://www.abovealldirectory.com/

Thanks in Advance
innocentdevil73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
ankit-oberoi

Some suggestions:

1) Too many ads, I saw 4 units. It looks all surrounded by Ads
2) Maybe create a new logo?
3) I dont think you need 3 columns. Instead make a single col on the right side with the category and the stats below it, followed by the ad unit.
4) Highlight the submit URL link
ankit-oberoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
montre123

Nice ... i like this designed
montre123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
jemickblog

wanna to improving your validation of your blog? see this
check from validator.w3.org
and correct that
jemickblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
mastid

I like the design. Maybe have the sub-menus clickable?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
innocentdevil73

thank ankit, montre, jemick, mastid

i have made a number of changes after looking at your suggestions

presently i was using 3 ads unit, i will remove 1 from the left after some more content gets ready

i am working on the logo from a very long time but still not able to figure out exactly what will be the best for it, soon i will change it

i will keep the 3 column design as it is, as more content is going to come for the users, 3 column design will help users with better navigation

font size of the submit url is now increased, so it will make it more viewable

i will check the validation after all the design changes will complete, so i will not have to work on it again

sub-menus are now clickable

thanks guys for the reviews and suggestions
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
techlib

Hi, that is a good design, I have submitted my site, I see problem when clicking on the "Fetch Meta" Button, its not fetching

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
techlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
MillionaireLogo

To many ads IMO but over all i like it
MillionaireLogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
innocentdevil73

thanks techlib, MillionaireLogo

fetch metas was missing a file, thanks for updating, now it is working fine, beside it more couple of changes have been made like 1 ad unit from the left is removed
Old 05-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
lukegpl

you should add your website in directory site list. There mostly 500 seo suffer in a day. How much time does it take for approve ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
lukegpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
innocentdevil73

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukegpl View Post
you should add your website in directory site list. There mostly 500 seo suffer in a day. How much time does it take for approve ??
I will be adding my website to directory list as soon as i finish the work on it. It takes approx 2 min to approve or reject a website.

Thanks Shaan

Apply Now for
and get up to £1000 in an hour
Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #12
Die_heart

yeah i had check ur site... its good....

Die_heart is offline   Reply With Quote