Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 05-06-2015, 03:28 AM   #1
Ruby707

Here is an interesting one for you all!

Hi All,
I hope you can help me here! 2 years ago a new client asked me to build him a bespoke e-commerce site
and get it ranking which! The site had and SSL and I submitted a sitemap in webmaster tools reflecting
the https links After a few months or so my client asked me to remove certain links (these were links where the
end user cold empty their shopping cart) from Google as he thought they were detrimental to people clicking
through to the site, which again I done via webmaster tools!
Fast forward to this year and my client asked me to rebuild the site and get it ranking in google again as it was
not showing up in google search for his keywords. This time round though there is no shopping cart or SSL
only 6 pages with external amazon links! I finished the site a few weeks ago and reflected all the changes in
WMT by submitting a new xml sitemap which is showing as submitted and indexed. The site comes up fine
on Bing and Yahoo but not on Google just lots of external links linking back to the main site these are mainly
amazon ones and certain blogs as well as stats sites.
I have even tried searching site:myclientssite.com and all this returns is....

Your search - site:myclientssite.com - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

Am I missing a trick here guys? Do you think that Google slapped the site
for removing certain url's
any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received!
Many thanks
Ruby707 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
sarfarazhussain

very interesting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sarfarazhussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
Joelharisonau

Thanks for share informative update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Joelharisonau is offline   Reply With Quote