Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
mero

Question Where's that and What's there to See in Malaysia

Visit Malaysia? Why build a website dedicated to "Visit Malaysia"? Here's Why...
The following conversation took place when I was on a vacation in Bangkok...
"Hi! Where are you from?"
"Denmark, and you?"
"Malaysia!"
"Erm.. Malaysia? Where's that?" *ponders for a while* "Oh yeah! Malaysia. I saw a documentary about Malaysia on National Geographic a few weeks back. The country where people still stay in tree houses, on tree tops, right?"
"Huh? Tree houses? Tree tops? Excuse me Ma'am, we don't stay on tree tops. Our ancestors used to, but we do not, have not, and never will stay on tree tops."
Being a Malaysian, I was of course saddened by the fact that there are still quite a number of people who do not know where Malaysia is and what Malaysia has to offer. Worse still, some of them have serious misconceptions about Malaysia (like my new friend there...Tree tops? tree houses?).
Hence, I would like to dedicate this website to introducing one of the most Beautiful countries, with an amazing history and rich culture, to you. Malaysia, Truly Asia.
So, why Visit Malaysia? I could go on and on and on with millions of reasons why Malaysia is indeed a traveler's paradise, but I'll just keep it short and focus on the few points which I feel distinguishes Malaysia from the rest of the travel destinations around the world.
Malaysia is a country with a multi ethnic, multi culture and multilingual society. It comprises 52% Malays, 30% Chinese, 8% Indians, and the remaining are made up of other minorities and indigenous people, all living together in peace and perfect harmony.
The different races practice different religious beliefs. Islam being the official religion is the most widely practiced religion in Malaysia. Other religions which are quite widely practiced are Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Hinduism and Sikhism.
Malaysia is home to some of the most prominent structures in the world. The Petronas Twin Towers, the world's tallest twin towers and second and third tallest singular towers standing at 452m (1482.9ft) high is one of the structures that has helped put Malaysia on the world map.
The KL tower, standing at 421m high, ranked as the tallest tower in Asia and the fourth tallest communications tower in the world, is another prominent structure you will find here.
Malaysia is also home to some of the most beautiful beaches and resorts in the world. With its equatorial weather, the white sandy beaches of Malaysia attract tourists from all over the world the whole year round.
Food in Malaysia is plentiful and of many varieties due to the diverse ethnic groups living together. Malay Food, Chinese Food, Indian Food, Western Food, Japanese Food, you name it, we have it. From 5-Star Malaysian restaurants to street side local delicacies, one thing you can be sure of, your taste buds will definitely be tantalized.
Want more reasons why you should "Visit Malaysia"? Sure! I'd like to warmly invite you to sit back, relax, enjoy yourself and let me be your humble travel guide to Malaysia, my beloved country, my beloved home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
mero is offline   Reply With Quote