Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
ncjbhd

Hosting to distribute software

Hello.
I am looking for a hosting to distribute and update the database of a own software. The size of the database is about 150 Mb. and I think it could be distributed to a lot of users (a few hundred of thousand).
I have thinked in the "unlimited bandwidth" hostings plans from Dreamhost, Hostgator, Bluehost and 1&1 hosting providers.
I have seen the TOS of Dreamhost and other hosting providers and I don't know if I can use the "Shared hosting" plans, I have to rent a VPS or I have to select another hosting plan.
Has anyone experience with software distribution/update hosting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
shanmarsh2

You would need a dedicated server. Shared hosts do not allow you to host files that users can download, especially not hundreds of thousands of users.

|
shanmarsh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
sanketflurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmarsh2 View Post
You would need a dedicated server. Shared hosts do not allow you to host files that users can download, especially not hundreds of thousands of users.
I agree with you dedicated server will be suitable your requirment
sanketflurry is offline   Reply With Quote