Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
amitsharma

How to create sitemap of eCommerce website with different category?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me How to create sitemap of eCommerce website with different category? If website has 10 different category food, kitchen, home products etc. all have different sitemaps?
amitsharma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
wellliving

First slack the pages into different categories, create sub-categories and so on, to decrease the complexity of your task. It is very important you know which page goes where, I mean to say the product into its category. For example you might have 100 cricket bats of 10 different companies and 10 different types, which means that you need 100 pages but what goes in site map is not all 100 pages. It is Home / Sports / Bats /cricket bats/company name /Type of Bat. 100 pages site map is just this. So the important thing you need to understand about site maps is how would it help you and how are segregating the categories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
wellliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
friendhrm

You can use screamingfrog to create your sitemap.

Typically, a sitemap is going to include every page on the site. each sitemap can be up to 50K urls and if you need multiple sitemaps then you create a sitemap index that points to the rest of the sitemaps.

|
|
friendhrm is offline   Reply With Quote