Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   PHP / mySQL (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Php (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=52934)

tonybrown2387 12-01-2011 09:38 PM

Php

After the consistent use of scripting languages like ASP.Net and JavaScript comes the release of PHP which stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. Sometimes, it is also referred as personal home pages. Script when created through PHP are normally left for execution on a server which is blended with a popular database i.e. MySQL often. Being an open source tool, one could use it freely. Moreover, it is a cross platform language which lets people develop application for all operating systems. PHP files comes up with a .PHP extension as well as .php3 which contains HTML tags, scripts and other elements. It can be downloaded for free and anyone can learn it easily.

cornerstones 01-29-2012 11:35 PM

How do i connect PHP MySQL to a Database?

albertjordan 04-16-2012 09:55 PM

HTML is a very simple language to learn and very beneficial, even when you rely mostly upon software to create the codes for you. PHP is used for the dynamic site building.

nicholasvolcker 04-20-2012 10:13 PM

Appropriate names should be given to the web design elements. One needs to follow good naming practice when using HTML for website design. However, roday PHP is getting used extensively for the purpose of website development.

minester 04-21-2012 05:10 AM

@cornerstones,

use mysql_connect, look it up

franklinmarx 04-24-2012 11:26 PM

As an open source tool, people are free to use it. In addition, it is a cross-platform language, so that people on all operating systems development. PHP files.

mertonlevin 04-29-2012 11:41 PM

ASP.Net, JavaScript are scripting languages followed by the release of PHP which means Hypertext Preprocessor.

spaculus 05-26-2012 06:22 AM

Just use the w3schools site for learn and solve any problem in PHP.

henryc10 10-30-2012 07:31 PM

first you need to create connection to the database

mysql_connect(servername,username,password);

below is an example we store the connection in a variable ($con) for later use in the script. The "die" part will be executed if the connection fails:

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","peter","abc123");
if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

// some code

mysql_close($con);
?>

mysql_close above will close the connection automatically when the script ends.

Josephsanaya 11-02-2012 02:53 AM

php stand for php hypertext preprocessor. php programing language is easy language.HTML tags use in php.this web page using post method.php is HTML script.i think php is powerful behind, the scenes scripting language.

Avilash 04-25-2013 05:09 AM

php is very simple scripting language to develop websites there are many framework like zoomla, cakephp that are used for php.

lindawatts307 04-25-2013 11:30 AM

an overview about web development

Purpose for web development can be both individual and professional. Developing a web site is become very smooth process due to current developing tools and technology which is desirable for both users and developers. Having an own website is not a big deal now, each and every small and large business or professional can have their websites and they have actually. A website can be develop for anything we do like, sharing ideas, providing services, selling products, online shows, news, magazines, e-books, tutorials, etc…

mridul 11-06-2013 12:17 AM

nice post.............

alligatortek001 02-26-2014 07:08 AM

PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP is now installed on more than 244 million websites and 2.1 million web servers. Originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995, the reference implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group. While PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, it now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, a recursive backronym.

ProgrammerGuy 02-27-2014 06:26 AM

You can use msqli_connect to a database - notice the 'i' after mysql. It stands for improved and is considered a more secure and stable way to connect to databases over the older mysql_connect.

Though I've found that I need to do some garbage collection after using it because it opens a thread which is left open for about 2 days to the database which quickly results in all my threads being used - that sucks!

Anyway although you can adjust this setting from within mysql itself I always prefer to code defensively so would recommend that you use the 'thread' services to get the thread id and then kill it when you're done.