View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
creativemedia

Here's my opinion. People who call themselves "Graphic Designers" are almost always not true designers who have been trained at an art school. Learning graphic design by being self taught or reading books and watching videos is not enough. I did that in the beginning and found that there were areas I lacked. Nowadays anyone who has designed a few flyers will call themselves a "graphic designer", and I believe this to be such a loose title because of this.

I then enrolled myself in a legitimate art school and my eyes were truly opened! It filled in alot of gaps in my designs that I knew were missing from the start. If you are willing to dish out the $$ and invest yourself in time and quality education, go to an art school. Being self taught is good and videos are great for references but they do NOT complete you as a good well rounded designer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
creativemedia is offline   Reply With Quote