Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #31
shrikant.softwi

Same here... and also i wanted to remove some bad links. However have few other questions in mind.

Google webmaster tool will provide you the list of other sites linking to your site. But, how you are going to define the bad links? or how you point out a link you have received is low quality link?

Google webmaster tool does not give any breakdown such as these are good quality links and these are bad & low quality links. It just shows you back-links which you get.

Also it does not shows all the links. If you cross check with any other tool like majestic seo or ahrefs you will notice the difference.

I heard about disavow tool but it is quite risky and a single mistake can affect worstly on your rankings.

Any help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Kolhapur Area.
Expert
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in Maharashtra
shrikant.softwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #32
searchnmeet

Google webmaster tool is the way to find badlinks

|
|
|
|
searchnmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #33
Vectorinspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrikant.softwi View Post
Same here... and also i wanted to remove some bad links. However have few other questions in mind.

Google webmaster tool will provide you the list of other sites linking to your site. But, how you are going to define the bad links? or how you point out a link you have received is low quality link?

Google webmaster tool does not give any breakdown such as these are good quality links and these are bad & low quality links. It just shows you back-links which you get.

Also it does not shows all the links. If you cross check with any other tool like majestic seo or ahrefs you will notice the difference.

I heard about disavow tool but it is quite risky and a single mistake can affect worstly on your rankings.

Any help.
I am not a fan of telling everyone to use this site. You get one shot here to see what you want to see. You can run one check per IP at no cost. However, its pretty accurate and I'll give you a chance to check you backlinks HERE
and I will give you an example of what a broken backlink looks like to my website Here is and example of a bad 404 link to my site as i responded in a earlier thread here. I think most of the problems comes from not understanding how SEO works, and not havinga few broken links. Bad SEO is making a webpage and loading it with backlinks. Good SEO is creating a page google likes, and doing social media, and press releases, and adding High quality links to the page. I'm meeting a client in the morning who wants to make Youtube videos.. That's great SEO. It gets them high in the SERPS overnight. While they are on page 12, their video will be in the SERPS ion 24 hours on page 1 or 2. Their main website I have on page 1 of Google with 12 backlinks. On site SEO will help you a lot.
|

|
Vectorinspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #34
arunt

Using Google webmaster tools find the backlinks and remove the low quality backlinks.

arunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #35
ankit009

There is many online tools to check backlinks of your website. You can find them on Google or any other search engine.

ankit009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #36
seo_butterflyth

There are so many online bad link checker tools are available on google like brokenlinkcheck.com, removeem.com

- 100% Working and Valid hostgator Web Hosting Coupons
seo_butterflyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:49 AM   #37
employmentpakis

You can find your website bad links to the help of Google Webmaster tool.

employmentpakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #38
creativesquad

Identifying a bad link is challenging because there is no set method that we know of by which Google will decide whether to penalize a site. Indeed a few “iffy” links may even be helping your rankings, you can never be sure.
Unless you already have a penalty hanging over you, or know that you have been doing something you shouldn’t it is best to be cautious and only hunt for the very worst links for the time being.
It is also best to this manually, because the last thing you want to do is start trying to remove links that are actually helping you. Unfortunately that can take some effort

|
creativesquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #39
BillyCameron

best way is do it manually and you can search broken links using ahrefs website they have a nice tool for it

offer amazing holiday experience which is the best
BillyCameron is offline   Reply With Quote