Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
jennypretty

Should I change all anchor texts on my backlinks

Hello,

I submitted about 100 articles to 5 article directories. On the author links, I used exact anchor text like "free online dating", "asian dating".
Do you think that Google will penalize my sites for using such exact anchor texts?
Should I change these anchor texts to my domain name?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
jennypretty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Permingo

Don't need to be..always use same anchor text as your keywords...

|
|
|
|
Permingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
tomamal

anchor text

Sites with excessive use of keyword as anchor text have earned penalty. Vary your anchor text in your back links. The general guideline is:
40% - keyword
20% - URL
20% - brand name, product name, etc
20% - generic terms, like Here, click here, go here, find here...

and

Last edited by tomamal; 08-25-2013 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: it was incomplete
tomamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Budd

I would recommend varying your anchor text as well. I was penalized by google for using carpet cleaning las vegas as my anchor text and it was almost 90% of my back links. Now that I have a variety of anchors, they removed the manual pen.

Budd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
spyindia2789

Hi.. If you had placed links on same keywords then of-course you should change your anchor text.

|
|
spyindia2789 is offline   Reply With Quote