Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Internet Promotion > Web Promotion

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
billcosby2121

Importance of page titles

Among the different things, placing the title in a page is an important part of SEO. This in turn can benefit a site to a great extent and help it to give a good ranking to the site. Though I have an online business, yet I do not have much knowledge on the importance and the significance of the page titles when it comes to SEO. I have no clue on this matter and therefore, I am looking for your help. I am aware that page titles are quite important and irrespective of that I do not know about the different ways through which it can be placed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
billcosby2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
alexbaker

Thumbs up

Page title is most important element and first variable member of the web page. It is giving basic idea of the content so visitors can understand that what the actual matter. It is very useful factor in on page optimization because it is a first place or subject where Google spiders see what the content of the web page when crawl the web page.
alexbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
johnstell

yes page title is massively important i would suggest.
Try and avoid some common errors in your page titles:
Writing too much in your title some sites write about two sentences and try to advertise all their products in the title!
Avoid putting the name of your site in the title on every page - mind you this very page does that!(Site Owner forums).
Avoid making every first letter a capital letter.

johnstell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Asher ross

page title are imporatnt and must have at least one or two niche related keywords to get better on site optimization benefits on search engine.
|
|
Asher ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Crafts

Page title is very important, but less than just 5 years ago. Today is more important that you have "friendly" URL vwhere you will have keywords.

Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
jiyaalbert

page tittle is important b'coz it gives the idea to visitors about site.

jiyaalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
jamesheart

Page title is both for Search Engine for crawling and user for searching ideas.

|
|
jamesheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Kiosk

Normally you can place the title tag by logging into the web server and upload them manually in each of the web page in the header section.
Kiosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #9
petsimcox002
Banned

Page title is the most important factor, and the first member of the page variable. It gives the basic idea of ??the content, so visitors can understand what is the real thing. This is a very useful feature for optimizing the page, because it is the first place, or subject to what the Google spider the contents of a web page when indexing a web page.
petsimcox002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
Diana_Diana89

Page titles is one of the most important rule in doing SEO for a website. Also it would be very useful if you could include in your page title 1-2 keywords that you targeted.
Diana_Diana89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
jyotidiversity

yes, you are right. I agree with you. Page title is most important for a SEO.

|
|

jyotidiversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #12
serena85

I think the title will not help you with almost anything these days.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
john321

That was meant to illustrate for tangor what a call to action is, not to illustrate how to craft a call to action. The post includes several links to posts within WebmasterWorld and outside of WebmasterWorld to show that what tangor was referring to as a call to action is not what is commonly known as a call to action. It was not meant to illustrate how to craft a call to action. Only to show what a call to action is. Didn't mean to take the discussion off topic, but it is important to clarify that point so that subsequent readers are not confused.

|
john321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 AM   #14
logoonlinepros

I must agree with you, i think title is very important for optimization.

|
logoonlinepros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #15
webmasterindia6

Title is Most Important to promote Your site through SEO.
webmasterindia6 is offline   Reply With Quote