Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
eooc.box

How google defines links on your site?

Here is the situation: I compare links on my site and on site of my competitor in google. I type "link:www.mysite.com" and "link:www.hissite.com" and I see that he has much more links than I. But what is weird, is that almost all sites that link to him also link to me and google doesn't show it in my links. Why?

P.S. I checked the source code of those pages, that link to both of our sites, and I couldn't find the differences between those links. Both links are direct and link to correct URL.
P.P.S. Some of those links are more than 5 years old, so it can't be that google didn't index those pages with links on my site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eooc.box is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
funeral

you can check your links on your webmaster account

funeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
nptifitness

You must add the sitemap files. And you can post manual index of your links in to google webmaster. Pls read the perfect documentation from google.
nptifitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
emailrobertcena

Thanks for sharing information regarding site map file. This information will be useful to learn more about site map files.

|

emailrobertcena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
stampingtool

Try to use webmaster account to check the reasons.

stampingtool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
Mattwaldoch

Thanks to all for share your view with us.

Mattwaldoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
warren123

You will need to add a Sitemap file. And you link to Google's Webmaster can publish a passive index. Pls perfectly on Google and read the documentation.

|
|
|
warren123 is offline   Reply With Quote