Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
maxxbaer21

What is your idea about URL redirection?

I have some queries regarding URL redirection. I want to get to know about all the aspects and purpose of URL redirection. I have worked in a SEO company and there is a client who requires some help from me in this field. He needs me o set the URL phrases of his site except all the other tags and links. Can you suggest me any possible way towards which I should move? I have known 301 ways of these redirection methods. Will those be sufficient in this case? Can you please let me know your views on this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
maxxbaer21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
anita85

URL redirection faces many problems like:
Ads and ads because many redirection service forced unwantedads.
Inactive limit of your site is another big problem because when people will try to browse your site they will have another one and ultimately people will hate your site.

|
anita85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Ava-Evan

there are some Benefits of URL redirection
1 =can safely redirect web site traffic from your old pages to the new pages without losing your search engine rankings

2= the safest way to preserve your search engine rankings associated with the old particular page for it will pass on the page rank from your old site to your new site

3= a powerful directive that can redirect single files as well as entire sites

4= makes seamless transition of moving your site to a new domain or location without losing your search engine rankings

5= can send traffic from your other URLs to your preferred URL

6= can redirect links to outdated URLs to the correct pages

-
-
Ava-Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
alina albert

It is the way to redirect the traffic of your site to the new site by this way if your redirect is right then you can get the good traffic and PR easily.
alina albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #5
sanketflurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava-Evan View Post
there are some Benefits of URL redirection
1 =can safely redirect web site traffic from your old pages to the new pages without losing your search engine rankings

2= the safest way to preserve your search engine rankings associated with the old particular page for it will pass on the page rank from your old site to your new site

3= a powerful directive that can redirect single files as well as entire sites

4= makes seamless transition of moving your site to a new domain or location without losing your search engine rankings

5= can send traffic from your other URLs to your preferred URL

6= can redirect links to outdated URLs to the correct pages
It was very nice post thanks for sharing with us
sanketflurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 AM   #6
krtyaseo

A redirect automatically sends your website's visitors to a chosen destination, either a different location within the same site or a new site entirely.

krtyaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #7
yugant

I think many idea page redirect method you are easily create redirect page.

yugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #8
Nomad3

Page redirection can be seamless but it needs to be carefully done.

Make sure the redirection is done to the right page and the user doesnt get shocked or surprised by it. The new page should be related to the old page or with better or more information otherwise it can lead to frustration at the user's ends.

Dont over do it...
Hope it helps!
Nomad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #9
sven123

Have you check whether your website is a www or non-www? If you use one of them, you should redirect the other to the one you use, because those two are considered different websites.

sven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #10
sanamgupta

URL redirection, also called URL forwarding, is a World Wide Web technique for making a web page available under more than one URL address. When a web browser attempts to open a URL that has been redirected, a page with a different URL is opened.
sanamgupta is offline   Reply With Quote