Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Programming > Programming General

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
noahwilson

Inserting dates into a database posted from html form.

Hi team!

I am feeding data into a database using a html form with date text input field. I don't want to enter the current date as what I am recording happened in the previous but I still need to calculate the number of days, months and years since the event occured. I have writen the following code to insert date into the database table:

$event_date=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['date']);
$event_date=date('Y-m-d,strtotime($event_date));
$insert_date=maysql_query("insert into table_name(date_field)VALUES('$event_date')";
surpringly, the insert query is inserting 0000-00-00. The user is entering date in m-d-yyyy format. I have validated the user input date using the following

code:
$date_arr = explode('-', $event_date);
if (checkdate($date_arr[0], $date_arr[1], $date_arr[2])==false) {
// valid date ...
$errors[]="What you entered is not a valid date format";
}
the validation have worked fine.

This is my question: What is going wrong in that the query is inserting 0000-00-00 instead of the date value? When echo the $event_date before inserting into
the database is like is working fine. Any help please.thank you in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
noahwilson is offline   Reply With Quote