Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
tomwatson

Link Rot

What is Link Rot in terms of Search Engine Optimization....
Is there any one who know the meaning of Link Rot and why it is used ???
Please any one tell me about Link Rot...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tomwatson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
johnsmith2

Link point to the Web page that have become permanently unavailable. Link rot also known as link death.

-
johnsmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
terrijhon

Yes i agree with johnsmith that link rot are those links that are dead or broken.for more information you can check this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_rot

|
terrijhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
sanketflurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith2 View Post
Link point to the Web page that have become permanently unavailable. Link rot also known as link death.
I agree with him nice post
sanketflurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
ppalmer1179

Linkrot is internet slang for the condition where hypertext links lead nowhere because Web sites have removed Web pages or reorganized them.

To prevent linkrot, web sites can add redirects, which automatically take users to the correct URL, or, they can provide the new and correct url on the old page. The only issue with redirects is that they essentially void any ranking gained through key words that you previously embedded into html code with the old URL.

I had to learn this the hard way. The ranking for the webpage sharply deceased practically overnight when I added a redirect to the new home page, which I had been link building for months. I had to do this because I changed the URL of the website. Since then, I basically had to begin the SEO process for that webpage from scratch.

My new website can be seen here. It is basically an essay writing service

Last edited by ppalmer1179; 09-13-2014 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: html error
ppalmer1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
mobile_apps

Broken Links are Called Link Rot

|
|
mobile_apps is offline   Reply With Quote