Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
ncjbhd

Suggestions for my hosting needs

I have been very happy on a semi-dedicated with WebCinch, but their unfortunate closing puts me back on the market again. I am hosting two sites which don't use anything nuts in terms of resources (static web pages created by a CGI CMS, with non-forum-like use of MySQL) or hard drive space (right now, both sites use about 0.6 GB total). The problem is I need a fair amount of bandwidth, as we currently take between 300-400GB of traffic/month. That certainly puts me out of shared hosting (and I've had enough shared hosting nightmares to last a lifetime at this point). And most VPS don't seem to offer high enough bandwidth. I'm hesitant to go with dedicated (or VPS even, for that matter), because I don't trust myself enough - I know enough to probably get around managing my own server, but I also know just enough to likely do something stupid and get myself into a bad spot, causing my sites to be down for several days.

I'd love a semi-dedicated (or a reseller where the resource sharing is sufficiently limited) similar to what I have with WebCinch, but it seems that most hosts are going the VPS route (again, without the bandwidth I need), so I'm not sure what to do. The cost isn't too big of a deal, although I'd really like to stay under $100/month if possible. And control panel doesn't matter much. cPanel would make transferring the sites easier, but I'm sure I can manage with something else.

Thoughts or suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
Gorrilas

I suggest you Hostome.com services. They are reliable web host with affordable stable solutions and high available support, you should give them a try.
Gorrilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
Michel001

Taking into account your needs, can put forward a suggestion to have a look at glowhost.com semi-dedicated servers..
Each Semi-Dedicated Server "Slice" is a 1/30th share of a fully managed dedicated server.
Pricing is reasonable.. these guys impressed me a lot.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
serena85

Try and switch to GoDaddy maybe you will be more satisfied.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Leveltenhosting

You should search for reliable host with rich experience
Leveltenhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #6
CPU

Taking into account your needs, I would recommend you to choose the one from these web hosts:
- Pinellashosting.com,
- Inmotionhosting.com,
- Aspnix.com
I advise you to compare them and choose the most suitable host according to your specific requirements.
CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
tommylii

You may try web hosting services which are provided by webintellects, hostgator and happy-hosting.
These companies have a stainless reputation.
Uptime is 100% and tech staff is knowledgeable.
tommylii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #8
Edmund

I recommend you to use 101sitehosting.com web hosting solutions. They are offering quality services with high uptime for reasonable prices. Do not hesitate and contact them directly for more info.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
afrodita

Think you should start your business with b2netsolutions.com or jolis.net.
These companies provide resourceful services with high uptime, stable servers and quality support.
afrodita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #10
How?

I would recommend you to get VPS or dedicated server hosting solution because semi-dedicated server is a BIG shared hosting account.
Try to check hostingsource.com web host. BTW, it offers 50% off the price on its VPS and dedicated servers. Use the code (50%discount).

How? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #11
Jumpline

The best place to search for affordable web site hosting plans is the internet itself. Thousands of it will appear when search upon at online search engines.
Jumpline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
storminternet

If you look for unmanaged dedicated servers that will not exceed your monthly budget then you will have many more options.

|
|
|

Lifetime Hosting:
ISPA Award Winner: 2013-Best SME Hosting| 2014-Best Dedicated Hosting
Join the Storm Web Hosting
and get 20% of the sale value
storminternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #13
Celsius

4goodhosting.com web hosting will be fine for meeting all your demands, the OP.
This company is considered to be reliable and stable in delivering IT services with 100% uptime and active support.
They have caring staff, by the way.
Celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #14
Grignard

I think you should definitely use Just199.com solutions which are provided with high uptime and nice features. Do not hesitate to contact them directly for more information.
Grignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #15
weblover50

Semi dedicated is dead, unfortunately. Get a smal dedicated server or a managed VPS. I would recommend wiredtree / Liquidweb.
and
weblover50 is offline   Reply With Quote