Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
edwindane335

What purpose do directories solve?

One of the most effective ways to optimize a web-site is to submit URLs to several other sites. I have been told that directories could be improved immensely by web traffic and Google Page Rank. It is important for to be acquainted with the importance of directories, and I do know there's been a few reliable ones which have popped up recently. It is difficult to identify them among the rest, though. How exactly do I do know which are reliable and which are not so? DMOZ apparently is of the few which could be labeled as reliable, but I require knowing if there are directories which have the same level of reliability as it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
edwindane335 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
ruixuan

I'm sorry. I don't know

|
ruixuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
christianshoess

It is important for me.

christianshoess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
C.Rebecca

Links from directories serve as low quality links. Although they do help a little in pushing websites and getting them noticed by Search Engines but you need not expect wonders out of it.

You need links from a wide variety of spectrum. Don’t just limit yourself to directory submissions. There are many other link building strategies that can help you fetch quality backlinks.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
martinhelen

Directories is use for increase traffic of a website in search engine.

!
martinhelen is offline   Reply With Quote