Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
jeremymarcus

Local VS Overseas Developers

Hi Everyone!

The prices of website development and app design services has changed so much over the years and what stands true is you usually get what you pay for. From a financial standpoint, it is important that when you hire someone to do website related work or SEO that you are paying a fair rate and getting the quality you want. Key word there is QUALITY.

I have learned that hiring developers from overseas (india, china, etc.) usually ends badly. Here are some of the issues I have found:
- Time / Communication Issues
- Language Barriers
- Accountability
- Scams
- You get what you pay for

I have hired hundreds of programmers and developers in the past, and learned there is nothing more reliable than someone that can work with you IN PERSON. I recommend local hires over all else. Yes, there is a huge difference in price. You might pay someone overseas $4hr and someone local more like $20 - $50hr but the amount of work they can do in an hour is an incredible difference and you will thank yourself later.

You Spend more time with overseas programmers dealing with ongoing issues and changes, trying to communicate, and skyping meanwhile someone local can do everything right in front of you and there are not communication issues. Also, for the money you get someone more qualified who will do it right the first time.

I work in finance and accountability is everything. If someone you hire overseas decides to disappear (which happens VERY often) you can be very screwed.

Good, reliable programmers are hard to find.. but It is important that you are not reliant on your programmers. If they disappear tomorrow where does that leave you? If they run away with your money, is there anything you can do about it? If they are on the other side of the world.. probably not.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for now. USA Baby!

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for!
jeremymarcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2017, 12:49 AM   #2
EriTay

Yep, I mean development is crucial, it's essential and you don't want to see this important field of your business in unprofessional hands you don't trust, right? You got to know your developers, you got to count on them, you should - at least - speak the same language as them and stick in the same time zone (so they can react fast if something happens).
EriTay is offline   Reply With Quote