Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Internet Promotion > Web Promotion

Notices

Old 09-14-2015, 05:15 AM   #1
stylediva

Thumbs up Can anyone suggest the best Blog directories to submit our blog to?

Hi Folks,

Not sure if anyone has asked this question earlier. I have handful of new websites ready to be launched over next week - all made in wordpress. In order to make them reach to the wide audience I know I have to submit them to various places like directories and all. Can anyone please tell me which are the top 10 blog directories do you think I should submit my websites to?

Please note that the answer should be based on your own experience so as to give it a personal touch. Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am here to share the blogging experience and challenges with fellow webmasters. Ask me any question and I will try to help you to the best of my ability
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stylediva is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Mr.Yoso

Why so focused on directories? Its either low quality (link scheming) or reputable sites (paid links with limited exposure). You need to establish your website through different platforms and provide the needs of your targeted users.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
vijayalakshmi

Wordpress!
Weebly!
vijayalakshmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #4
stylediva

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Yoso View Post
Why so focused on directories? Its either low quality (link scheming) or reputable sites (paid links with limited exposure). You need to establish your website through different platforms and provide the needs of your targeted users.
You are right...but submitting the site to few niche directories is one of the parts of SEO and there are handful (if not too many) reputed niche directories where I think there is still a scope of submitting the site to. Hope that makes sense....

I am here to share the blogging experience and challenges with fellow webmasters. Ask me any question and I will try to help you to the best of my ability
Old 09-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #5
stylediva

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayalakshmi View Post
Wordpress!
Weebly!
Hi Vijayalakshmi, This seems to be a clearly wrong answer!

Is Wordpress a blog directory?? Is weebly a blog directory? Please reply only if you are sure. Merely posting to increase your post count is not a fair practise. There are good chances that you will get flagged. Hope that makes sense.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylediva View Post
Hi Vijayalakshmi, This seems to be a clearly wrong answer!

Is Wordpress a blog directory?? Is weebly a blog directory? Please reply only if you are sure. Merely posting to increase your post count is not a fair practise. There are good chances that you will get flagged. Hope that makes sense.
I think people are essentially responding with gibberish in order to promote their signature links.

Anyway, I just did a quick check for Technorati and it seems it's no longer a blog directory...even though it was though first and definitive directory of its kind. I don't think anyone really uses blog directories anymore. Especially since everything is essentially a blog nowadays. Even magazines present their content in blog-form.
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #7
Lemosys

Top 10 Blog directories for blog submission

bizzdirectory
blogarama
blogs-collection
blogdire.com
blogfolders
blogdirectory
bloggernity
bloghub
blogicas
bloggernow
Lemosys Infotech is an ISO Certified Company having its operations in India & US. We offer best IT Services that includes Website Development, Web Designing, Mobile Application development, Search engine optimization & Testing. Call us to
Lemosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #8
crccrc

D-moz best for me

"https://
href="
target="_blank">Dog Walking Worcester Park
crccrc is offline   Reply With Quote